Sunday, April 26, 2020

It’s Sunday! From the Bunker Day 43



I got up this morning and thought, “I’ve got two hours until church.” Then it hit me, I wouldn’t be going to 15988 Road 4 today. I downloaded the worship service and joined an ABF on ZOOM. Two hours later I shut down my iPad  and it was just Rebecca and I (and Porthos). I am very thankful for technology and the ability to worship through music (thank you Jason) and deliver the word of God to your home. Zoom and Skype have been wonderful opportunities for us to gather together during the week. BUT…..

I feel like the Apostle Paul, “But since we were torn away from you (by Covid19 and the stay at home order), brothers, for a short time, in person not in heart, we endeavored the more eagerly and with great desire to see you face to face.” 1 Thessalonians 2:17. 

I pray for the church daily and ask the Lord to put an end to this madness, and He will in His timing. But until then, “For what is our hope or joy or crown of boasting before our Lord Jesus at his coming? Is it not you? For you are our glory and joy.” 1 Thess. 2:19,20.

When the Lord returns I pray that he will find me faithful to the ministry he has given me, that I have handled the word correctly, and that I have not let any He has entrusted into my care fall away. Until then, we will meet when we can, encourage one another often, and challenge each other to love and good works.

Most of you belong to an ABF. Since it is Sunday, and you would have taken a couple hours out of your day anyway, pick up the phone and call someone in your group. Remind them that they are a child of God, that He loves them and so do you. Let them know you are available to help in any way possible. 

Some who are reading this don’t even come to St. John. Call someone and encourage them. We are the church and it is Sunday, and like Jesus said, “But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such people to worship him. God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.” John 2:23,24. 

Today, as we have for the past few weeks, we are worshiping at home, in Spirit and truth. What the evil one has tried to squelch, God has turned into good. Let’s get this party started! IT’S SUNDAY!! I’m just saying…

It’s Sunday from the Bunker Day 43

No comments:

Post a Comment