Friday, October 26, 2018

Medium or LARGE

I’m standing in line trying to figure out what I want; I’m information intolerant. That’s why I like McDonalds. “Number 1, please.” It makes it easy for guys like me who get the same thing every time. Well, except for today. I noticed the Smokehouse, and it looked good. So I said, “I’ll take a smokehouse please.” To which the gentleman responded, “single, double, or crispy chicken.” The crispy threw me. “I’m, sorry, what’s crispy?” He replied, “do you want a single, double, or crispy chicken,” I still didn’t get the chicken part, and I wasn’t sure what was crispy. I thought maybe it was the onions, which looked crispy on the menu. “I’m sorry, what’s crispy?” “The chicken,” he said. “Oh, that’s what’s crispy. I will take the single with the meal.” He asked, “single burger or single crispy chicken?”  Patience, patience, “I’m a beef man, the single burger, please.” Without skipping a beat, “medium or large?” Really, another choice! The problem is that I want a medium fry and a large drink. Since it’s not Buger  King I wasn’t sure if I could have it my way, but we are in America. “I want a medium fry and a large drink.” “Not a problem,” he said. Finally I was finished. “For here or to go?” Ahhhhh.


Choices, everyday we are faced with countless choices. Some of them are simple and others can be overwhelming. Some choices have low impact, and some can change everything. Few choices, I have found, are life shattering. They may be important for the moment, but will not change you or the world forever.

Examples of important, but none earth shaking:
            1. Which profession you will chose.
            2. What college
            3. The kind of house to live in
Important and earth shattering:
  1. Who you marry
  2. Friends you surround yourself with
  3. What you believe about God and how you will follow
Earth shattering decisions are about relationships, morality, faith, and justice. Often people focus on problems, that may be important to them, but have little impact for eternity. We argue over little things like dirty dishes, the color of walls, programs at church, style of music, and procedures. I would rather acquiesce to others opinion or let someone else take the lead, than to get distracted from the things God has called us to do. “Choose you this day who you will serve. As for me and my house,” Joshua Said, “we will serve the Lord.”

“Multitudes, multitudes,
in the valley of decision!
For the day of the Lord is near
in the valley of decision.” Joel 3:14

“Therefore let us not pass judgment on one another any longer, but rather decide never to put a stumbling block or hindrance in the way of a brother.” Romans 14:13

“If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake and the gospel's will save it. For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world and forfeit his soul?” Matthew 8:34-36

These are the earth shaking choices we are faced with daily. What choices will you make? You want to super size that? I’m just saying...

No comments:

Post a Comment