Saturday, January 5, 2019

Running on high octane

Today has been one of those days where you wake up with your feet hitting the floor running. I feel as if I am running on high octane. Oh, I still have all my aches and pains, but I seem more focused, more alert, more aware of my surroundings. Poor Porthose is curled up, tired of trying to keep up. I know I will crash tonight, and if I do it early enough I will be well rested for Worship tomorrow. 


The real question is not, “how much did I do,” but “was it productive?” Let’s see, I pegged and glued the top and side of a table I am making out of wood from the playhouse, Lincoln log set I made (just the extra ones), I cutoff the ends and ground off the paint of an old propane tank I am going to make into a forge, I took down the Lincoln log playhouse and put it back on the rack, took Porthos for a walk, cut up the Christmas tree to burn, help take down some Christmas decorations, and now I am waiting to go out with Rebecca and some friends.


I thank the Lord for the health and opportunity to be able to enjoy certain hobbies, and hobbies are good (and productive) in moderation. They take my mind off of the other business I get caught up with. I love making things and I love giving them away. So, yes it was a productive day, and I look forward to jumping into a new year of ministry, where my hobbies meet reality, and the people I love. 


“Whatever you do, whether eating, drinking, or hobbies or anything else, do it all unto the glory of God.”  I’m just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment