Thursday, November 22, 2018

What I am Thanful for—the grandnephews and nieces



What are you thankful for?

Grand Nephew 1. “It can’t be for the turkey. I’m thankful for church.”
Me. “Why are you thankful for church?
Grand nephew 1. Pause...”I just am.”
Me. “That’s good, I’m thankful for church because it’s where we go to worship together.”

Grand niece 1. “I’m thankful for food.”
Me. “Why are you thankful for food?”
Grand niece 1. “Because it keeps us from starving.”
Me. “Well, we didn’t starve today, did we?”

Grand nephew 2. “I’m thankful for family, because they give you someone to play with.”
Me. “Why are you, oh,...playing with family can be a lot of fun.”

Grand niece 2. “I’m thankful for God.”
Me. “Why are you thankful for God?”
Grand niece 2. “Because he made everything.”
Me. “That’s right, and I’m glad he made you.”

Grand niece 3 (eyes old). “Unintelligible.”
Me. “I know what you mean.”

Me. “I’m thankful for Grandchildren, no matter whose they are, because they tie me over until I get to see mine.” At the end of the evening they each gave me as big a hug as they could to hold me over until my grandchildren come in a few weeks. I don’t know about you, but I had a great Thanksgiving! Oh, yea, and the Turkey was great too! I’m just saying...

No comments:

Post a Comment