Saturday, December 8, 2018

I can’t believe I’m doing this

I can have the tendency to go overboard, and then at some point in the project I want to just stop. I’ve had enough and the work that I have to go seems so much more than what I have done. So, here I am building a Lincoln logesck play house for my grandchildren. It would have been much easier to have pulled out a tent and set it up. For some reason I thought this would be so much more fun for my grandchildren (my boys say I would never have gone to this much trouble for them when they were the same age). But this is the first Christmas we will have with them, and maybe again for a long time. 

So here I am putting it together realizing that my architectural skills are lacking and so I am adjusting the plans as I go along. I am still short pieces and the lengths I have are not the right ones. Now I am counting, measuring (if necessary) sawing and sanding until I get it somewhat the way I have imagined it. All for two weeks of with my grandchildren. It reminds me of these passages of scripture:

But, as it is written,
“What no eye has seen, nor ear heard,
nor the heart of man imagined,
what God has prepared for those who love him” 1 Corinthians 2:9

“In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?” John 14:2

There will be a time when we will step into eternity and find more than we could ever imagine, a room just for us, built with love, and next door all those who have gone on before us. The love that I have for my grandchildren pales in comparison to that of our Heavenly Father. So, if I find this much joy in their smiles, giggles,s and delight, how much more the Father will delight in the final revelation, when My eyes will widen in awe and wonder, speechless with the joy of being in the presence of my savior and Lord; my loving Abba. I’m just saying...





No comments:

Post a Comment