Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Trump That One

I was sitting with a friend this afternoon and we were watching Fox News (liberal friends bear with me). It was a little embarrassing watching Schumer and Trump go back and forth, “you did it,” “no you did it first,” “that’s not true,” “yes it is,” “I’m going to do it my way,” “oh yeah, I’m going to sit over here and sulk.” You can’t make this stuff up. I don’t watch the news very much anymore because it can be disheartening. But then again, 

 “What causes quarrels and what causes fights among you? Is it not this, that your passions are at war within you? You desire and do not have, so you murder. You covet and cannot obtain, so you fight and quarrel.” James 4:1,2.

“What I mean is that each one of you says, “I follow Paul,” or “I follow Apollos,” or “I follow Cephas,” or “I follow Christ.” Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul?” 1 Corinthians 1:12
 
In some churches congregational meetings sound like this, “Now some cried out one thing, some another, for the assembly was in confusion, and most of them did not know why they had come together.” Acts 19:32

  Not all churches fight tooth and nail over every little thing, but enough do for the name of Jesus to  e tarnished among unbelievers. Paul told Titus, “Show yourself in all respects to be a model of good works, and in your teaching show integrity, dignity, and sound speech that cannot be condemned, so that an opponent may be put to shame, having nothing evil to say about us.” The world is going to hate us, but let’s not give them any other reason accept for the Name of Jesus. I’m just saying...




No comments:

Post a Comment