Friday, June 14, 2019

This Is My Story and I’m Sticking to It!

It’s the 39th anniversary of our wedding. Stop it, I’m not soliciting congratulations. It’s just a time to reflect on God’s goodness through the years. What are we doing, sitting at the the Marathon theatre getting ready to watch “Hitchhiking across America.” No idea what a cabaret is, but I am going to find out. It’s stories, and that is what attracted us. Thinking of our own story, and we have lots of them, some good and some challenging.

Good stories aren’t perfect, they are full of twists and turns, ups and downs, joy and tragedy. Ours isn’t any different, and that’s what makes it so good. Especially since God has sweetened it with His presence. I would hate to think what our story would be like without Jesus.  Growing old isn’t fun, and I don’t plan on doing it again, but if I had to, I wouldn’t want to do it with anyone else but Rebecca. 39 years and our story isn’t over. In fact the best is yet to come. I’ just saying... 

No comments:

Post a Comment