Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Beautiful Feet and Stubbed Toes

Parable of the sower: rocky soil, thorny soil, soil on the path, and good soil. When sharing the good news of Jesus, we are casting the seeds of God’s Word on one of these types of soil. Of course, we all wish the soil we are working with is good, but most of the time that is not the case. In my hard, I’ve been trying to plant grass seed where a trench was dug. When it was first shoveled and the the ground was wet it look good, and the prospect of heathy grass seed growing was high. Then the sun came up, days without rain and the once soft soil grew hard. There was more clay in the ground than good, rich topsoil. So far no grass has grown. Yet, the thorns and weeds seem to pop up without effort. Thank you Adam.

The equivalent of working with clay, is your beautiful feet in pain with stubbed toes. Appendages, black and blue from bumping up against rocky soil. If this happens too often it’s easy to find reasons to keep your feet out of harms way. Stubbed toes hurt, and so does rejection, even if that rejection is against the gospel. So what is the remedy to bruised and sore feet.

“(ESV) I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands, for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.” 2 Timothy 2:6,7

“(ESV) As for you, always be sober-minded, endure suffering, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.” 2 Tim. 4:5.

“(ESV) And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith.” Gal.6. 9-10

In my case it is about cultivating the ground of my brothers heart. The first thing Rebecca asked after I told her about the trip, “what is you plan?” Plan, wasn’t going down to Florida enough? How much do I care? So, my plan is to call my brothers once a month, and once a quarter email or message them the gospel, in different and creative ways. 

I spent a week stubbing my toes, but being refreshed among my family is far better than a pedicure. Thanks, all of you. I’m just saying...

No comments:

Post a Comment