Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Far Away No More

The giggles are what I love the most; their laughter as they dance around singing and playing. Even their sad faces are endearing. These are the sights and sounds of the modern age as I see my grandchildren grow up through the wonder of Skype. They have grasped the technology and presence and distance are lost to them. That is until they ask, "can you come and play?" The distance is never more great then at that moment.

In fourteen days they will be back in the U.S. and my wife and I will pick them up at the train station. I am sure we will be there early, anxiously waiting, impatiently chastening the train to move faster. I am sure we will have something for them, some token of our love, but most importantly the hugs and kisses. I am sure that there time with us will be too short and their departure will come too quickly. But for now, that which is far away will be brought near and those we love will be the objects of our affection.

"But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ." Eph. 2:13

We were lost and without hope. The distance, to the consolation of our souls, was too great to cross. We were far away, longing for something that the world could not satisfy. The Father provided a way, and he stands anxiously for us to act in faith. He has gifts to shower on us at our arrival. He is bringing those who were far away home. I'm just saying......

Disclaimer: our grandchildren are accompanied by their parents, and we are enthused to see them as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment