Thursday, January 27, 2011

Eyes Are Watching

I read an article this week about the intrusion of technology in our lives. Not that we have miles of wires and gadgets running through our house, but the eyes that are watching us. There are traffic cameras, cameras in parking lots, stores, and malls (don’t text while you’re walking). It is even possible to step out in your front yard and have your picture taken by Google Maps. Did you know that when you tag a person’s picture on Facebook, Facebook runs a face recognition algorithm that identifies other pictures with the same image? Now you know how they get “Pictures of Paul”. Smart phones have censors in them that send out information about pictures that you take, so that brand new truck you just sent over the airwaves is available for any bad guy looking for some new wheels. It is enough to make you paranoid.

For a culture that demands privacy, we are one the most exposed societies in the world. We are abhorred when airport security pats us down, and then we take pictures of it and send it over the virtual highway. We would never want to be seen in our underwear in public, but if I can make one hundred grand on funniest home videos, hey, why not.

For those who know me I love technology. I love funny videos. I love showing pictures of my family to other people. And though I do not want my life available for the whole word to see, I have to say, I have nothing to be ashamed of. The reason for that is because I live my life knowing that there are eyes watching me; not the artificial eyes of an intrusive society, but the loving eyes of my heavenly Father.

Rev. 20:12 “And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged from the things which were written in the books, according to their deeds.”

The term judged seems harsh and frightening. For those who don’t know the Father, like I do, standing before Him and being judged for their deeds should be a cause for fear. However, when you have trusted in Jesus Christ all sins are forgiven. He works in your life to produce fruits of righteousness, so that, when you stand before the Father to be judged all He sees is Jesus in you.
There are eyes watching, but they are loving eyes that want the best. The scriptures say that God works all things for good for those who love Him and are called according to His purpose. For this reason, I will live my life in such a way that reflects my heavenly Father, who watches over me.

Proverbs 5:21—“For the ways of a man are before the eyes of the LORD,
And He watches all his paths.”

I'm Just Saying.....

No comments:

Post a Comment