Tuesday, May 10, 2011

He Has Arrived

To know the body of faith is praying is an awe-inspiring life event. We all have differing conceptions of prayer and we practice more or less against those notions. Prayer is connecting to God. That’s it. It’s connecting to Him to know Him, worship Him, Praise Him, petition Him, or just to be in His presence. Our expectations of what He will do in response to our prayers, again, varies. One thing for sure is that He always hears, listens, cares, and answers. The answer isn’t always what we want but it is always good. And in whatever the circumstances God will make them good for those who love Him and are called according to His purpose. So, when you know that the people of God are praying to the all-loving God, then you know the best of God is coming your way.

Last week my daughter-in-law’s water broke six weeks before the due date. It created quite the fervor making sure that both the baby and mom were healthy, and that the parents were doing the best thing for both. They went to the hospital and begin a regiment of steroids to make sure the baby’s lungs developed and oral antibiotics to prevent infection. She stayed the night but went home the next day. My granddaughter, Eva, had gone to a friend’s house for the night (a mini fun vacation for her). During the day another friend came to the house to help Alison with lifting and care for Eva. My son, Josh, came home and picked up where the friend left off. Josh wrote, “We are praying the baby will come by the end of the week.”
As things go Tiny Tiny (baby’s nickname) didn’t want to wait. We received a text Monday evening (early in the morning their time) that Alison was having contractions and that they were heading to the hospital in the morning. I am sure there was excitement at their end because there was excitement at ours. It was hard for us to go to bed knowing that she was in labor. The message came, we received a text that Gabriel Paul was born at 8:30 am (Bahrain time) and is 5.72 pounds and 16.5354 inches long. Both mom and baby are well!

When I saw the middle name I can’t tell you the swelling in my heart. I have never felt this way before, not even at the births of my own children. There is something about seeing the legacy of your family continue; a godly legacy, and this is only our oldest son.

We will be flying to Bahrain at the end of June and the plane can’t leave soon enough. I will get to read to my dearest Eva, take her for walks, cuddle with her, and enjoy her tremendously. I will get to hold my grandson Gabriel Paul and once again see the faithfulness of God in his little face. And of course I will get to talk and enjoy the company of my adult children who are a joy to their parents.
Wow, and this is only half of the excitement for us this summer. Our middle son Stephen is getting married to a wonderful woman. I don’t know if I can handle all this; I am about to burst. And burst I will in praise to our good God and Savior who rains down blessings from generation to generation, to those who love Him and are called by His name. To Him be praise, glory, and honor forever and ever. Amen. I’m just saying……

No comments:

Post a Comment