Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Why I Hate Memorex


Maybe hate is too strong a word.  No, I don’t think so.  Every time I buy Memorex brand DVD’s I regret it.  They don’t like to work in my Mac (and don’t think the issue is with the Mac), they seldom run well on the PC and they don’t come cheep.  What usually happens is I go through ten or twelve DVD’s before I find one that will work.  Right now I am trying to burn a DVD for one of my classes and everything seems to be going well.  I put the DVD in, the PC reads it, the program starts to burn it and when it gets to 99% I get an error message.  Of course it doesn’t tell me what the error is or how to fix it.  It merely rejects the DVD. The silliness of it all is that I keep buying Memorex. AHHHHHHH!
Life is so much like Memorex.  Some times it works and some times it doesn’t. And the silly thing is that we keep doing the same things hoping that everything will some how turn out better this time around.  I have read that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again hoping for a different out come.  The sad reality is that even if we get it right all through out our lives all our best efforts might get us is 99.9% and then a rejection error.
God probably is shaking his head at how we constantly buy the Memorex equivalent to life’s problems. Instead of finding the best way, the ancient paths of God’s will, we keep buying into the world’s blue print and at best it will never measure up to God’s specifications.  In the end all we will get is the big ERROR message.
I am so thankful that God is not like my computer, which doesn’t give a reason, explanation, or solution to the error message.  The Error Message of God is, “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.”  The remedy is, “by grace you are saved through faith, and this not of yourselves, but a gift of God.” 
My hope and prayer is that those who have not yet accepted God’s gift of eternal life will not hold on to their disbelief the same way I hold on to my Memorex DVD’s hoping that they will eventually work. If this next one doesn’t work I’m going to buy Sony!  I’m just saying…..

No comments:

Post a Comment