Friday, June 3, 2011

Until My Last Breath

The Breath We Breathe

Traveling gives you an opportunity to read or just listen to music that has sat silent for a while. So I did a little of both this past week as I went to visit my mom on her 80th birthday. As I was listening to some country songs this phrase caught my attention. “Life is not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away.” It set my mind contemplating on the truth of these words. So, here are a few of the moments in my life that have taken my breath away:

1. My first love
2. Kissing my true love for the first time
3. Proposing and promising a life of love together
4. My bride walking down the aisle.
5. Entwining of lives together physically/spiritually
6. Our first fight knowing that we would never give up on each other
7. Each newborn son who changed the way I see the world.
  •  The joy that comes when your children take their first step
  •  They crawl in your lap and give you a hug
  •  Say their first words
  •  Go to school for the first time
  •  When they give their lives to Jesus
  •  When they experience their first love
  •  The first time their hearts were broken and seek solace in their parents
  •  Enjoying events together
  •  Watching them fail and succeed in what gives flight to their dreams
  •  Seeing them find their true love and seeing them walk down the aisle
  •  Staring beyond my son and his bride and seeing my bride and what seems just like yesterday
  •  Holding, playing, and watching your grandchildren grow up. Each and every one of them!
8. Holding my wife's hand as we watch our nest become empty
9. A smile across the room when nothing is said but volumes are communicated
10. Arriving home from a trip and receiving a hug so tight and long that being loved isn't questioned.

This is in no way a complete list, matter of fact some are categories that could fill pages with moments and memories. There will be a moment where my breath is taken away for the last time. At that moment I will be ushered into the presence of my Savior. At that moment I will be awed beyond comprehension! Until that time God gives us these moments to be cherished, enjoyed, and savored. They are moments that are both unexpected and created. I relish more of these moments until my last breath is released. Comment on this post. Share a moment that has taken your breath away. I’m just saying……

No comments:

Post a Comment