Monday, January 16, 2012

I am not going to, not going to...OK The Packers Lost!

It was disappointing to say the least. Even the refs were pulling for the Packers. But in the end the Giants played a superior game, and the Packers an inferior. Even though it was not a close game, it was intense for Packer fans. Glimpses of hope, a touchdown closer, and each time it slipped through the proverbial fingers (of the receivers or runners).

What amazes me is how a simple playoff game affects me so emotionally. My contortions, encouragement, did nothing to spur them on. Though I think I pulled a muscle. I did realize too late that I had not been wearing my Packer Hat. I adorned it, but the damage had been done, there was no digging their way out of the hole.

Lessons Learned:

1. A near perfect season doesn't get you into the super bowl.
2. No matter how many people are encouraging you, Its what you do on the field that
counts. If the enthusiasm of the crowd won games, the Packers didn't even have to
walk on the field. Alas, the team had to play the game.
3. Its a team sport. The quarterback hasn't a chance without a front line. Runners need
blockers. Recievers need a quarterback (and vis versa). A Packer's fan today told me
the only one on the team who came to play was Aaron Rodgers. I think I saw some
mistakes he made.
4. The only people it really affects is the team. Frankly, unless you are paid by the
Packer organization you have other things occupying yourself today, and if you don't
you need to get a life.
5. The only people who have a 'right' to crow, are the ones who are still in the hunt.
If your team didn't even make it this far, your teasing, laughter, and tuanting will
fall on deaf ears. As for the fans of the final four -- oh, that hurts.
6. My friends, who are fans of other teams, have been consoling...in a smug kind of way.
But I know it is all in fun.

As a Pastor there are so many illustration I could apply to the spiritual life. I will refrain myself, today. Sufice it to say, I will wipe away the tear in my eye and occupy myself with something eles. I'm just saying...

No comments:

Post a Comment